Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer
27 November 2001 - 6 October 2003
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Financial market conduct, disclosure investor protection and supervision issues (excluding prudential, monetary and foreign exchange policy) including the design, implementation and administration of legislation relating to markets, services and products; and
- Financial market linkages between Australia and overseas.
- Design of law and regulations for corporate governance, insolvency, accounting and audit regulation; and
- Administration of Australian Securities and Investments Commission and representation on MINCO.
- Dealing with individual cases, other than major and / or sensitive cases.
Competition and Consumer Policy
- Administration of Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and the Productivity Commission.
- Responsibility for implementation and administration of consumer policy and consultative arrangements with the States and industry bodies.
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general Portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer; and
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Housing Loans Insurance Corporation; Royal Australian Mint; currency and coinage; and Office of Regulation Review.