Minister for Superannuation and Corporate Law
3 December 2007 - 8 June 2009
Ministerial Responsibilities within the Treasury Portfolio
Policy and administration, including taxation and prudential regulation, in relation to superannuation.
Development of policy and its implementation in relation to corporate governance, insolvency, accounting and audit regulations.
Administration of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and representation on the Ministerial Council for Corporations.
Financial market conduct, disclosure, investor protection and supervision issues (excluding prudential, monetary and foreign exchange policy) including the design, implementation and administration of legislation relating to markets, services and products.
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Ministerial responsibility for achieving Government objectives in regard to financial literacy in raising public awareness and fostering initiatives that will build the capacity of Australians to make better decisions about their money.
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer.
- The Housing Loans Insurance Corporation.
- Royal Australian Mint, including currency and coinage.
- The Australian Government Actuary.