Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer
3 December 2007 - 27 June 2013
2012-13 Budget media lock-up
The Treasurer will deliver the 2012-13 Budget on Tuesday 8 May 2012, with his Budget speech beginning in the House of Representatives around 7.30 pm (AEST).
Budget materials will be available under embargo to approved members of the media in a secure lock-up area in Parliament House, Canberra.
Media organisations are invited to apply to the Treasury for access to the lock-up by submitting the names and positions of employees seeking access by 5 pm on Friday 27 April 2012. Applications and enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
Media organisations should restrict their applications to essential employees only, as space in the lock-up is limited.
Attendees will be able to sign in from 12.00 pm which will allow access to a pre-lock-up area but not to the Budget papers. Once signed in, attendees will not be able to leave this area. When the lock-up commences at 1.30 pm, those already signed in will be able to move immediately into the venue and collect their Budget materials.
The attendees are asked to observe the below security conditions:
- Budget information may not be broadcast, published or made publicly available in any way until 7.30 pm.
- Attendees may not make contact with anyone outside the lock-up area prior to 7.30 pm (authorised communications to secured Budget sub-lock-ups excepted).
- Mobile phones and pagers cannot be taken into the lock-up. Secure storage facilities will be available outside the lock-up area.
- Laptops and Tablets can be taken into the lock-up on the strict condition that their connectivity is disabled for the duration of the lock-up. Please note that the area will be monitored for non-authorised transmissions.
- The lock-up will commence at 1.30 pm. Attendees may not leave the lock-up area until 7.30 pm, except in the case of emergency.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the lock-up area, and attendees will not be permitted into smoking areas during the lock-up.
- Attendees are required to vacate the lock-up area by 8.30 pm.
More information on the application process, security arrangements, Budget sub-lock-ups and Budget documents is available on the Treasury website .