Over the next two days I will take part in a series of meetings in New Zealand to strengthen trade and business links between our nations.
This is about ensuring that the next 40 years of Closer Economic Relations are even more fruitful than the first 40 that we celebrate this year.
While in New Zealand, I will:
- Take part in the inaugural 2+2 Climate‑Finance Dialogue in Wellington with my colleague Chris Bowen and our New Zealand counterparts
- Deliver a speech at a New Zealand Institute of Economic Research event facilitated by the Auckland Business Chamber
- Hold bilateral meetings with my New Zealand counterpart and friend Grant Robertson
- Meet with New Zealand Reserve Bank Governor Adrian Orr
- Take part in a business roundtable hosted by MinterEllisonRuddWatts
- And take part in other meetings with economists, experts and investors
This is an important opportunity to foster even closer economic relations with our closest neighbour.